Think About Becoming a Board Member or Committee Member
Our board and committees play a vital role in the affiliate’s work.
The following committees could use your help today:
- Building and Site Selection – Help plan and implement our construction projects and recommend property to purchase for future projects.
- Family Selection – Process homeowner partner applications including meeting with applicants in their homes and then recommend approval or denial of applications to the Board.
- Family Support – Become a family mentor and experience the joy and satisfaction of helping a family through the challenges and rewards of building and buying their own home. Help partner families become successful homeowners.
- Fund Development – Become an advocate for Goodhue County Habitat for Humanity and work in partnership with the Board of Directors to ensure that the fiscal needs of the affiliate are met by helping to raise money and awareness.
- Public Relations – Raise awareness of Habitat’s mission and work in our service area, use your speaking skills to tell our story, use your writing skills to help with Facebook posts, e-newsletters, and website updates. Inspire and motivate people to address local affordable housing challenges while promoting volunteerism and outreach.
- Volunteer and Church Relations – Help identify, recruit, and recognize the volunteers who make Habitat’s ministry a reality. Work in partnership with area churches to recruit volunteers and generate financial support. Help ensure that GCHFH’s programs provide a rewarding volunteer experience.
Call our Administrative Assistant Deb Schubert to send out an application at (651) 327-2195 if you are interested in being on the board or a committee.